Friday, March 26, 2010

Jesus loves me

yesterday was a blah day.
there were disappointments... things that i wished could have happened didn't, i didn't feel like i would have liked to, i felt exhausted and beat down ... it was just one of those days.
after dinner last night my always-kind-and-loving-husband agreed to let me go out for a little bit - just me. ah. my plan was as follows: drive to haddonfield, park far enough away that i can go for a walk and talk to God, and land at starbucks to get a perfect hot drink (last night it was a grande nonfat dark cherry mocha with whip). I did it and it worked.
my point of the story is this: God is so good. I walked down that street feeling so loved and so embraced and so OK. God was saying "I love you Elisabeth. Trust me Elisabeth" and i felt loved and free and still weary but loved and free.
God is growing in me a deep, deep trust in Him that I have no doubt is what this life is all about....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my heart says a deep Amen. thank you so much for writing about that... it's encouraging. i love you! ~bethany