Thursday, March 4, 2010

i love to laugh

i went for a walk today. by myself.
it was a short one - to John's Friendly Market to buy two onions and back home - but it was so wonderful. each day feels just a little more like spring, and it wont be long before the three of us and the double stroller take on the streets and the parks of Haddon Heights and wherever else we feel like roaming... i am so ready. i've missed moving, and breathing lots of fresh air.

yesterday i read this verse: "...His sheep follow Him because they know His voice." (John 10:4)
when im having a rough day, or days - easily frustratable, annoyed, anxious, edgy.... i can blame it on the boys being sick, or not enough asleep, or relationship issues... - but when it comes down to it, it's almost always because I'm not hearing God's voice above all the other voices in my head. When they're all coming at me at similar strength, I am a mess. I care what everyone thinks of me, I care that I don't feel pretty, I care that my house is messy, etc...
When my Lord's voice is clear, loud, unmistakable - different story. little deals are little deals, and all that matters is what matters to Him. What a difference it makes in a day. or a life...
i loved this verse because it says His voice IS knowable - I don't have to live trying to distinguish truth from lies, trying to sort out mush in my head. He always, and I mean always, makes Himself real and clear to me when I ask Him and choose to want Him the most....
I feel renewed by this truth.

i hope to soon post pictures of the boys in their sunglasses. Simeon thinks he's spiderman with them on, and Justus - life is just all-around better when's he's sporting his Transformers shades.
Simeon hasn't been able to separate the concept of "t-shirt" from that of "tea party". when he puts on a t-shirt he now says "now we have to have a tea party". i've tried to explain it. we think that his idea of a tea party is completely based on Mary Poppins, which he recently watched.
i wonder if he thinks we'll all float up to the ceiling while laughing uncontrollably....
no wonder he keeps requesting one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From JoJo:
Now all you need to do is teach them your excellent rendition of "It's a Jolly Holiday with Mary". I am quite positive your various excellent farm animal voices will cause much delight. And then, maybe the animals can join your t-shirt tea party.

Elisabeth said...

oh they know my rendition already. except we sing "its a jolly holiday with justus..." with all the voices of course!

Sweet Treats and Baby Feet said...

Love this post...I needed the reminder about His voice today:)