Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Let's make it a walking year

I have suddenly realized my New Year's Resolution.  Truthfully, I wasn't looking for a resolution, I'm not much of a resolution maker BUT some events as of late have made me realize that my younger two spend a significantly less amount of time on walks than the older two did.
As a mom of one, and of two, I walked daily, and the boys chattered away and watched the sky through the leaves and branches and we spotted birds and bunnies and squirrels and bugs and people we knew and bridges and cars of every color.  
When all the kids can't easily get popped into a stroller, walks don't seem quite as "easy" ... 
Yet walks refuel my soul, fresh air does us all such good, and being outside is my favorite. so I plan to walk more this year. 
Homeschool perk: maybe even early walks before we start school in the morning once the weather warms up? We will see:) 

Ps I'm also hoping to blog more. Good start, right?