Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy birthday

Today is my little sister's birthday. Last night I lay in bed in the middle of the night thinking of her and it turned into a little mental celebration of her and all the things that make her so great and so her.
I love people, so so much, but I'm not always the best and letting them know that. Or at least the how muches and the whys....
So here's to my sister Joanna...

- I love the way she turns everything into something fun. There's a never-ending supply of games in her head, and it turns out anything can be a game! Never a dull moment.
-she is loyal. Really really loyal. Don't mess with the people she loves. I'm blessed to be loved so absolutely by her. And if someone hurts me too bad, watch out... =)
- she smiles all the time. If you want proof then just look at her little girl, who has in one year learned from her mommy that there's always something to smile about.
- she's a fighter for what's right. I think she got it from our daddy
-she will give and give and give of herself, and I am often amazed by the growing list of people who are touched by her
-she can keep going, and do so productively, even when really tired (I can not)
-she shows up big time whenever there is a need
- she LOVES her husband, LOVES her little girl, and would always rather be with them. The 3 of them together are always very happy.

I could go on. Today I feel thankful for her, blessed by her, humbled by many of the ways that she loves.
I love you Jo.

1 comment:

shannon said...

this is so wonderful and so true. i love it. and her and you. =)