Thursday, April 26, 2012

The little things

137) the way that Simeon and Justus jump up and down and up and down with excitement
138)being humbled, and being willing to accept it
139)free iced coffee day
140)sitting outside in the evening, watching the cars go by, baby on my lap
141)the accomplished feeling of a good yard sale find
142) singing to my boys while they sleep
143) a game of follow the leader

We've discovered that Cole has a love for animals that we've never seen in one of our boys until now... He truly shakes at the sight of one. We have been spending many free moments at the window, on the porch, wherever we can catch a glance of a squirrel or a bird, or maybe even a dog walking by. It is pure joy to watch his excitement, and to learn more of what makes him him...
The older boys are anxiously awaiting their camping trip with daddy next week. When asked what they want to do first, Simeon said "roast marshmallows" and Justy said "go for a hike". Simeon came back to me later to clarify, and he has made it known that really, his favorite part of camping is EVERYTHING.
My week has been extra busy and my soul feels a little bit restless tonight but I am aware of God tugging on my heart, telling me I can rest.
No need to be restless, even when I've messed up a bit or my attitude is somewhat yucky or I feel like I wasted time. I am not on the line, and I can live free.
Tonight I will stick with that...

4 comments:

Jill said...

such freedom in that! excited for you to have some time with just little coleman:)

adriana willey said...

"i am not on the line and i can life free". this is why you are good for me and why i miss you but am glad you got today to re-group and that we have something on the horizon together.

Elisabeth said...

Audi you'd be happy to know that i spent this morning at the barrington coffee house, just me and coffee and a cookie and my Bible and my book.... =) certainly good for my soul. So thanks for the free morning, turns out maybe I needed it!

Bethany said...

I was thinking of you tonight. Just wanted to say hi and love you. =)